- Neighborhood Realty Services Associate Broker and Owner.
- Began her real estate career in 1979 involving the listing/marketing and sales of real estate in the Pittsburgh and Allegheny County market.
- Annual mulit-million dollar producer.
- Licensed as real estate associate broker.
- GRI – Graduate of the REALTORS Institute.
- ABR – Accredited Buyer Representative.
- Managed and trained real estate agents for over 20 years.
- Served for 5 years on the Professional Standards and Arbitration Committee for the REALTORS Association .
- Served as Chairperson of the Brokers / Managers Division of the REALTORS Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh.
- Has been a guest speaker for Neighborhood Housing Services, Consumer Credit Counseling, and Dollar Bank.
- Prior service for the REALTORS Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh include:
- 3 years as a Director on the Board of Directors.
- Strategic Planning Committee.
- 2 years as Chairperson for the Lender / REALTOR Committee.
- 1 year as an alternate director for the state board of realtors.
A little bit more about Maureen States
Most of my life has been associated in one way or another with the real estate industry. I began learning about real estate at a very young age, as my family owned and managed their own rental property. I received my Sales Associate license in February 1979 and my Associate Brokers license in 1983.
Things that are important to me and will benefit you as my customer include:
- Knowledge and experience in the Real Estate Industry. Having listed and sold real estate in the Pittsburgh area, I have a wealth of knowledge about this market over time.I have listed and sold millions of dollars in real estate and have sold in markets with interest rates as high as 18.5%. (I know that 18.5% is hard for some to imagine today. And no, people weren’t using credit cards then to purchase the home.)
- Training and Education.I train and educate my clients, as well as the Sales Associates in my office. Knowledge is power and I strive to empower my clients, in turn, helping them to be more able to enjoy being involved in the process of buying or selling his or her home.
- Financing Knowledge. The area of financing is one of my strong suits. Yet, at times, I may not have all of the answers when it comes to financing but I do understand the fundamentals of real estate financing and I surround myself with resources to assist in answering inquiries that may be beyond my realm of knowledge. Knowing all the answers isn’t as important as being able to access the appropriate resources for a situation.
I have a pledge to myself and to you to be professional and ethical. I am always honest with my clients, even if it isn’t necessarily what they might want to hear.I expect the same from my clients. Real estate is a personal business and without trust and being comfortable with the business relationship, transactions will not be enjoyable. I love and enjoy my career and I want every person who chooses to work with me to find his or her experience just as enjoyable.
Thank you and I look forward to have the opportunity to work with you.